The Aftermath

So....

We had the first FRSH PULP showcase last night. I was tired as shit from running around. Shoutouts to Nipsey Hussle (VERY personable artist, cool brotha), GIC Funkface, Live Footage (I'm obsessed with their music lol) and Shinobi Ninja. Shoutouts to Al and Triana for hosting, Mpressive Concepts as the clothing sponsor,Fader, Sony BMG, Converse, IMG Street Team, all the record stores we hit up...pics will be up on frshpulplive.com soon..

Overall the event went well. About 75 folks came out to show love so it could be the beginning of something GREAT. I was feeling a bit angry about something (specifically a dude who's been buggin' the shit outta me to perform or w/e). I'm totally not a dude with a ego..and i hate to see dreams shattered, but yesterday showed me that I gotta get stricter exercising that A&R ear I learned @ Sony as far as judging talent it concerned. I'm not gonna go too in depth about it, but calling my phone on CHRISTMAS twice and leaving two separate emails is fucking annoying. My business partner just told me "Handle it. When you become a mogul, it'll only get worse." Duke takes it personal that I'm not feeling his shit. What killed me is that duke was like "I'm better than so and so (an artist who's been KILLIN' it). I'm about to start pullin' cats cards like.."You know so and so? Call 'em in front of me and let me talk to them about you." Like if I saw some talent, I'd try to give some guidance, but cats are too used to being spoon fed..talking all this "Miami" shit...NYC is a WHOLE other animal...One thing i NEVER do is lie on my contacts. Especially in NYC. It's like a big city but the party/music scene is DUMB small. Oh well.

Just got home from a listening session for Dream's new album. It sounds aight, but he has this one cut..."Put It Down"...it's a PROBLEM. ya'll will hear on March 10th. Met Serius Jones. Duke was cool

Watching the "Letter to B.I.G." video. nicely done.

I'm sorta getting tired of the industry shit but i cant just leave yet. There's a lot more to be done.

Listening to "Barry Bonds Freestyle", Drake. I DLed some material. WHEN his album drops, I'm coppin' his shit. I met him @ the Highline Ballroom. Dude is cool and personable.

3 comments:

JOFre$h said...

Drake is that dude.

I wish I could attend your events I need to organize my time better.

100K said...

:-/

SICKNESS said...

In your rememberance I keep a coogi in my closet.