It's On: Beans(/50) vs. Jay

"Negro please, you no mustache, havin' whiskers like a rat/Compared to Beans, you wack..."-Nas

Something incredible is about to happen in the hip hop game. We might be on the verge of an epic showdown.

Last week, Beans released "I Go Off" featuring 50 Cent. Recycled first verse aside (it was from "Last Two"), the song featured 50 Cent talking a WHOLE gang of shit as the end. Peep for yourselves.

Combat Jack wrote an excellent post the other day about the whole situation. 50 and Jay have thrown  barbs at each other in past times, but nothing too severe. All that MIGHT end with this track. It seems that 50 is challenging Hov for the NY throne with his guerilla alpha male tactics. I like it. Jay's my favorite artist...but I said a while back how "Kingdom Come" and its whole "I'm sophisticated" approach was kinda forced to me. I understand artistic growth....but a HUGE part of me misses the niggerishness of Vol III Hov where he talks about popping bottles on the White House lawn. How could you NOT miss that. Blueprint III was cool...but it's like he's outgrown the hip hop game. He's more of an elder statesman now. 

 Enter Beans. He's been on a gang of interviews and each time I hear the guy, I just feel bad for him...but at the same time, he's OBVIOUSLY a pawn. It's all just entertainment, but 50 is a master manipulator. Dude will get at anyone using anything they hold dear (ie this ).

Beans claims to have some heatrocks for Hov...and here's a sampler...

This might be what we've wanted. The General vs. The President. I don't think 50 has the lyrical prowess to say anything to make fans question Hov (at least not me)..but Beans does. Besides matching him bar for bar/outshining him on the MAJORITY of songs they've done together (IMO), Beans claimed to know things "that would make B look at you different". C'mon Hov...SAY SOMETHING.........

Once again it's on...(if Hov responds...)

0 comments: