Am I Tired of Gangsta Rap?

So.....It's about this official: I'm growing outta my gangsta rap phase. I'm tired of it. It's all regurgitated shit with a lotta the new acts. If you're gonna do it...Scorsese a cinema like Big did on "Niggas Bleed"...channel raw energy like X on "Ruff Ryder's Anthem"...spit OG fire like Kool G on "First Nigga"......i'm liking cats like (specifically) Mickey Factz, Asher Roth and Drake, who're just normal cats spittin' about real shit...dont get me wrong...I'm still a fan of Beans,Free, Styles P, Kool G Rap, among others...i just feel that Hip-Hop is going back to the older days when cats who actually every everyday dudes had more mics than the "thugs"...sorta like a feel good cocky vibe going on....

...speaking of which...has a greater fall off occurred in Hip Hop than Ja Rule? WOW. dude shoulda just kept his mouth shut and formed Murdergram with Hov and X...in a (possibly) final ode to gangsta tales, I pay tribute, but first this old vid with him and Christina Milian (who I'd do flagrant things with ;-) )

"Get Away"...this is when Milian actually mattered...


now for the street shit...all this is when Russell was in the building...i'd make an album with these tracks to start...

Murdergram. This song was off "Streets is Watching" soundtrack...DMX SPAZZED


"Gotti Style"


"Holla Holla Remix"..they took out Hov's part..


"Why We Die"...Busta's track but...



"It's Murda".."Me die before you, you LIAR you"...


there you have it. i'm done

1 comments:

JOFre$h said...

Rap has to go back to its roots to progress. with that said Im definitely looking forward to the crop of new guys coming out. Oh yeah Ja used to be that dude I almost forgot my son was a good crooner.