B.I.G.G.I.E.

Sup ya'll

As expected, the highlight of my weekend was and most likely will be having seen the flick Notorious. I caught the matinee today. I was gonna go tonight with someone but I changed my mind because I (1) want to avoid the crowds and niggerishness and (2) actually wanted to see the flicks.

I have B.I.G.'s biography written by Cheo Hodari Coker and the flick pretty much matched up. I found it to be a bit anticlimatic since we all knew the outcome...Gravy shockingly came through as Chris Wallace and Angela Basset did her part as Voletta really well. (For some reason, I was expecting a fugazi Jamaican mother accent lol). Derek Luke didnt quite translate to me as Puff (not enough charisma) and Naturi Naughton sort of had to "break out of a shell" to play Lil' Kim who was often portrayed in an obsessive light...

The flick didnt sugarcoat anything and you have it all from serving pregnant fiends (something B.I.G. admitted to in his biography) to holding burners to infidelity (lol @ him stopping @ the wedding vow promising commitment) to spousal/verbal abuse....

We see CW in his lowest as a black hoody clad crack dealer turned inmate in prison who turns to rhyme to a rhyme kingpin on the top of the world who meets an untimely death @ the age of 24.

Being from BK definitely affects my bias towards stating how well the film was executed. My older cousins all bumped B.I.G. 9like how I currently bump Hova) and I recall the impact of "Hypnotize" when i was about 11 or so. I recall seeing the video for "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems" and "Victory" and wondering why B.I.G. wasnt actually in the flick....

Had to bark on this dude for talking too god damn much...dude was yapping during the funeral scene till we snapped on him. That was that.

It's all good, baby ba-bay!!!!

1 comments:

JOFre$h said...

Should've let me direct it. Movie was sugar coated.