100K Luh The Kids!!!!

About to stop messing around and get involved in some community initiatives. My dude City just let me know about being on a panel for elementary school kids. All I heard was "panel" and "kids" and I was sold. I like interacting with the next generation. I'm also gonna talk to Stasia and the rest of the IMG gang about working with JANY to come in and talk to HS students about the entertainment industry.

I like working with kids. My second summer job was at St. Mark's Head Start here in Brooklyn where I helped watch a classroom of 18 little rugrats. Something about kids is extremely cool to me. The innocence and how their minds are like sponges. (I was as immature then as some of the kids were. That's our little secret LOL). I've always meant to volunteer at the local Boys and Girls Club, but never got around to it. No excuses. Something about untapped potential....I'm just realizing mine and putting it into reality

One of the reasons I want to work with kids is that growing up, I never had a mentor "per se" to really give me advice on a career path. I never liked that about my childhood. I wasnt a bad kid but I was extremely stubborn and insisted on doing things my own way. Going into college, one of the things I regret doing was not getting with a company like Inroads that provides guidance for gifted youth etc.

So...that's the next venture. Looks like fun. I look forward to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww I love kids!! They respond so well to me! Someone told me its cuz I look like a kid myself so they don't feel threatended. LOL. I had a summer job once at a daycare in brooklyn one year and it was soooo much fun!

100K said...

it definitely is fun and rewarding. I like it.