The Art of The Posse Cut Pt. II

Posse cuts. The cypher. A number of cats in huddled up, spitting their multi-syllabic flows feeding off the energy....

This post was inspired by two things. I got a chance to hit up a 90s party last night and the music just took me back to when I was a young'n borrowing (IE, stealing) my cousins tapes. The second thing that inspired me is listening to this Busta Rhymes Library of A Legend compilation that I downloaded. Turns out it has one of my favorite posse cuts ever..the "Simon Says" Remix by Pharaoh Monche feat. Lady Luck, Meth,Red, Busta and Shabaam Sahdeeq.

I'm REALLY convinced that we'll never see an era for Hip-Hop/R&B like the 90s-early 00s. Here's Pt. II of my favorite posse cuts. Some of em are from later in the 00s but it's all good.

"Simon Says" Remix

"Buncha Niggas"-Heavy D feat. Busta Rhymes, M.O.P., Notorious B.I.G. and Guru

"Firewater"-Big Pun, Raekwon,Prospect and Fat Joe

"Grand Finale"-Meth, Nas, DMX, Ja Rule

"Oceans Seven"-State Property

"Assassins"-Eminem, 50 Cent, Obie Trice, Lloyd Banks. Em BLACKED out

"Bump Heads"-50 Cent, Eminem, Tony Yayo

"Made You Look" (Remix)- Nas feat. Jadakiss and Ludacris

"Ruff Ryders Anthem"(Remix)-DMX feat. Ruff Ryders

"Niggas Done Started Somethin"-DMX feat. Mase and The LOX

"NBC"-Cam'ron feat. Noreaga and Charlie Baltimore. WOW

"Calm Down"-Tragedy feat. Nas and Noreaga

"Where It Started At"-Hi-Tek feat. Jadakiss, Papoose, Dion and Talib Kweli


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

N.B.C. is classic!!! Have it on my ipod!!