In Hip Hop, We've Lost The Art Of The Posse Cut....

Hmmm....I''ve been extremely irked by this not so recent development in Hip-Hop. I'm reading the latest issue of XXL and they were giving a synopsis of the demise of "The Crew" in Hip Hop....I guess from that you could derive the loss of the EFFECTIVE Posse Cut. You know...where the ILLEST MCs (or second tier MCs) got a cut and just rode till the wheels fall off. I'm gonna give my choices on some of the best posse cuts. No Order. Just appreciate...pardon the East Coast bias as well. I was debating on whether or not to have collectives like Wu, ROC, RR, Death Row...but these are personal favorites...

"The Symphony"-Juice Crew


"C.R.E.A.M"-Wu


"Reservoir Dogs"-Hova, LOX, Beans and Sauce Money


"Ice Cream"-Wu


"Flava In Ya Ear"-Craig Mack, B.I.G. LL, Busta, Rampage


"I Shot Ya"-LL, Foxy Boogie, Prodigy, Keith Murray and Fat Joe


Personal Favorite: "4,3,2,1"-LL, Redman, Canibus, Meth, Master P and X


"Shut Em Down"-Onyx and X


"Symphony 2000"-EPMD, Redman, Meth and Lady Luck


"John Blaze"-Fat Joe, Pun, Kiss, Nas and Raekwon


"Banned From TV"-LOX, Pun, Nature, NORE and Cam'Ron


CLASSIC: "All About The Benjamins"-Puff, LOX, B.I.G. and Kim


"Reverse"-Puff, Sauce Money, Cee-lo, Busta, Shyne, G.Dep and Redman


"Who Got Gunz"-Gangstarr, Fat Joe, M.O.P.


"Ante Up Remix"-M.O.P, Busta Rhymes, Remy Ma and Teflon


"Ruff Ryder Anthem Remix"-X, LOX, Eve, Drag-on


"Ryde or Die"-X,LOX, Eve, Drag-on


"Grand Finale"-Nas, X, Meth, Ja Rule


Personal Favorite: "It's Murda"-X,Hova, Ja"


"New York, New York"-Ja, Fat Joe, 'Kiss


"Scary Hours/Cash Still Rules"-Meth,Ghost,Rae


Classic: "Triumph"-Wu


There definitely will be a part II of this...

3 comments:

SICKNESS said...

What chu know about the LOX ?

100K said...

a lot.

Warlox.

P10 said...

I need to make a cd with all these up there and just ride