It's Time To Grow

Today was an interesting day.

Met Al Branch, who is a heavyweight in the game on the urban marketing side. Ran an errand for him. Dude is cool...I was just soaking up some indirect knowledge from him and another exec(silent listener) uhh they were discussing a marketing strategy for an artist and I was listening to their strategies..sounded solid. Dude was behind Kanye when he first broke into the game as General Manager of Hip Hop Since 1978 and as Urban Marketing Exec for Sony. Heavy in the game. Platinum plaques for Streets Is Watchin' and some other stuff.

Did some work for Publicity. I'm def focused on expanding my network, building relationships and getting more well rounded.

I was just talking with a friend of mine about all the stuff I've been going through. Sort of a mix of frustration and cautious optimism. I've just ALWAYS get tired of the same old same old. It's like everything is too formulaic. I need/want some creative spark. I was talking with my son S. Bizzy and he feels the same way. It's like we ALL are hustlers @ our own particular crafts. I know some of these cats are in the same boat as me. Straight doing their own thing, hustlin' @ some big organization AND networking/building relationships. Updating my LinkedIn profile...

Speaking of creative, I've been on an official "Hunt For a New Rapper" binge. I got some new Drake stuff. I'm just blown away by his talent, as I might have stated before. But I'm listening to this kid Blu. Dude reminds me of Common vocally and the comparisons to Nas are a bit of a stretch but I can see where they come in.

Went to Spit That Open Mic tonight. It was dope as usual. Most of the poems were sexual, but I can honestly say that the energy, vibe and sense of community I get in there is something I look forward to every Thursday. Change of pace to the week, feel me?

Listening to "The World Is" by Blu

2 comments:

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Blu is tight, Them U-N-I Niggas is cool too.

100K said...

I'ma check em out.