Tired of Partying?

This is a topic I'm continually dealing with. I just got back from a night of events (Lee Charm's Listening Session @ Negril Village and the Ill Banger Party @ White Rabbit). Special shoutouts to Warren, Charles, Antoinette and Tiffanie and everyone else who came out. Big shoutouts to my OG homie Mizz Parker.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting tired of the continual parties. Maybe it was a summer thing. I can recall that the record for most parties/spots attended in one night was 5; I think I got home at 6 AM or some shit that night.. Its getting colder now, so I dont wanna be all over the place like that.

Its amazing how people network.  We're walking up Houston St. to White Rabbit and I see these fellows projecting an ad for a liquor company. Naturally, I approach them, introduce myself and get their contact. Later on, I hear a young lady singing and then network with her...outside of the club. Her body language read that she was defensive till I introduced myself to her on a professional level. Some people network better at parties/lounges; I dont knock it. i just like a more controlled environment away from noise where I can see ppl and read their body language, etc.

My point is that, I'm getting tired of partying. It's like that summer jumpoff who you have a bunch of fun with and jump off with.....but come winter you wanna just get that one quality chick and just stick to her and not go out unless you have to.

I wanna do new fly shit. Art. Seeing how some of the artists I know make their music in the studio. all types of new fly shit. Tired of fuckin partying all the time. Only party I regularly attended in the summer was Moomia as that shit was POPPIN'. White Rabbit is cool and has a pretty diverse crowd, but maybe it's just me. I naturally get tired of doing the same thing or being in the same situation (Side note: Ladies, I admit that I have commitment issues and I constantly need to be challenged for my interest to be constant.), I sorta miss SoundCTRL panels. They were informative and I met a ton of people.

I can have fun at a party too....but I guess I'm @ the point in my life where I wanna just be more selective. It's about going to the right ones.

We'll see how this goes. Back to work.

2 comments:

Lyrik Marie said...

" (Side note: Ladies, I admit that I have commitment issues and I constantly need to be challenged for my interest to be constant.) "


=]

100K said...

Uphill battle. I get bored fast.